Saturday 15 October 2011

The wednesday that just kept going.









Attn: Grammar police, I typed this blog up on my phone so its riddled with punctuation and spelling errors, deal with it.

Wednesday we left for the first leg of our flight to frisco at 11am on V Australia. The service on V Australia for a budget carrier is awesome. Especially considering its in the same price bracket as Jetstar and US air which are completely horrible and sometimes don't even serve hot meals. They didn't bat an eyelid even after requesting my 6th vino.

Anyways we arrived at about 7am wed PDT to LAX airport. The horrific tales of massive queues that everyone tells are true. After about an hour and a half of going through customs and security screening between the international and domestic airports we sat down for breakfast at gladstones seafood. Luckily we didn't have to eat any of their "world famous" seafood as it looked dodgy. I had a cheese laden omlete topped with some hot sauce(tabasco).

We then went to our connecting flight to San Francisco and flew to san Francisco finally.
After getting a shuttle bus to our hotel I managed to leave my backpack behind. Luckily the nice driver brought it back about 2hrs later.

After a nap we walked up some ridiculously steep hills and went to check out the Fairmont hotel where heidi's conference is on. After desperately trying to find a bar we just decided to go to the Tonga room which is in the hotel. This bar is all kinds of kitch and had a thunder and lightening storm with downpour ever half hour. Heidi's friend from the Garvan met us there for a few drinks.

The girls left for the conference and i decided to do a bar crawl along the way home, ended up at this dive bar just near our hotel and had some shots with 2 nice hungarian guys and some other local. I came back to a very worried wife. I dunno what she was expecting.

4 comments:

  1. omg ryn why are you always forgetting things!?!?

    also you are such a norty husband

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did i last forget?

    Pretty sure you lose more thongs than i do.

    Also I blame this woman that took my seat when we dropped off the first load of passengers so i had to sit at the back of the shuttle bus with my bag still up the front. Probably would have remembered it if it was in front of my legs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did you last forget? My iphone charger apparently.

    ReplyDelete